After a few bumpy weeks, stemming from my first birthday & holiday far from everyone & starting a new job & having a week long homesick meltdown, I’m finally feeling like myself again. I keep forgetting that life is a process. Humans are designed to grow. So, I’m gonna do what I do best; be the happiest woman in the world.
When I get anxious, I get paper & a pen & make a list of everything that makes me happy or good thing anyone has done for me lately. Very Katniss Everdeen. But it works. It reminds me that my life is rad. So, I’m going to share my list of 50 things that make me happy (in no particular order). I was going to do 100, but I ran out of time.
1. We have a new Prime Minister Designate in Canada! Congrats to Justin Trudeau! I have long supported Mr. Trudeau’s Liberals, so this makes me happy.
2. My teenage daughter was elected to her Student Council as a write in candidate.
3. Seth Rollins is still WWE champion. YES THIS IS IMPORTANT. SHUT UP PAUL.
4. Now that the intimidation factor & awkwardness has worn off, I’m starting to like my job a lot. I’m making good money & will be able to support my family better. My coworkers in mobile are nice. I like them. It’s not the long term dream job, but it’ll keep me fed & housed.
5. I should be going home to visit my friends in less than a month!
6. I’m not as alone as I feel. I have friends here. Heather & Kymo are good people & I have fun with them.
7. My work stopped playing shitty music.
8. Erica. That is all.
9. After 18 years, marriages, kids, and now 3000 miles, I always have Chris Gleason to talk to. Best friends who have your back from a different time zone are the best friends.
10. I’ve lost all but 6lbs of the 15 that I gained moving here.
12. Crossfit. Because gains.
13. My youngest hasn’t gone to the office once since we moved.
15. My middle daughter skipped a grade & after an initial struggle, is doing well at school.
16. One of my electronics colleagues loves Zelda as much as I do.
17. My cat Peachy.
18. My boyfriend. I always said he was a good person but not always necessarily a good boyfriend. Now he’s both. I’m very lucky to have this man in my life, who loves me & drives me to be a better woman & partner. I know I gush a lot, but I love him very much, not just for how he treats me (most of the time), but because I have so much respect for him as a person. He’s a good man, with integrity. I’m a lucky person to have someone like him in my life, who is capable of growth, with a strong work ethic, is capable of intelligent conversation, is strong & witty & very brave. Someone who makes me feel like I can be myself, even when I’m being a bitch & he would never make me feel small or unloved. There isn’t anyone else I would want by my side in this crazy life, because even when he drives me nuts, I still want him around.
19. The new Star Wars trailer.
20. It’s almost time for Mockingjay part two.
21. Pecan tarts.
22. My old Crossfit coach Lacey. Not only is she one of my fitness inspirations, but my middle daughter looks up to her & she continues to encourage her, even while so far away.
23. The fact that I’m actually comfortable with my body & in my own skin. That’s rad.
24. My teenage daughter is considered a good influence on her friends.
25. Taylor Swift. Literally everything about Taylor Swift.
26. Fall. Because basic white girl.
27. The amount of pretty lakes and trees I have found here in Alberta.
28. Even though I care not for baseball, I love how the country is so excited about the playoffs.
30. There is a new Legend of Zelda game coming out!
31. Boo Berry & Count Chocula is back!
32. My iPhone.
33. This song.
34. My 8yo made her sisters be quiet so I could sleep in on Sunday.
35. Any interaction between my boyfriend & his daughter.
36. Reruns of I Dream of Jeannie.
37. PENGUINS. ALWAYS PENGUINS.
38. Vladimir Putin memes.
39. My daughter’s love of the DIY network.
40. The Weeknd Update.
41. My bed.
42. Halloween is coming! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS…
44. This list.
45. Harry Potter. Finally reading it. It’s amazing.
46. Good Samaritan stories. I love knowing that people are still good.
47. Red lipstick. Aka the only shade of lipstick I wear.
48. My 6yo needs 100 hugs a day. I’m okay with that.
49. The Great Gatsby.
50. The fact that you’re still reading this list. That’s so awesome!
That’s my list. I hope you can make a list of awesome stuff too, because everyone should have a lot of things that make you happy.