We did this last year and it was fun, so we’re going to do it again this year. I was going to wait until the first of March, but I don’t feel like it, so we’re starting today! Enjoy!
Day One: List 20 Random Facts About Yourself
1. I will only use one brand of makeup. Allegedly they test on animals. My friend sends me photos of dead bunnies and I cry.
2. The only time I ever wanted to write poetry was after watching 10 Things I Hate About You. I thought if my person & I ever had some tragic, Shakespearean falling out, I could write something similar and it would open the doors of communication and we’d work it out. But I’m a horrible poet & chances are Heath Ledger would have taken his guitar & run with it.
3. I have a freakish obsession with pancakes.
4. I currently think the Imagine Dragons are the best new band in the history of everything.
5. Nothing can be wrong in the world when Lifehouse is on my stereo.
6. I named one of my children after a minor character in a horror movie.
7. I often wish I could change my major to Social Work. It’s why my blog’s content has gravitated towards self help.
8. I abhor the smell of vanilla.
9. I don’t own a copy of Le Petit Prince, not in french nor in english and that makes me totally sad.
10. I have a bigger TV set than anyone I know and I never watch it ever. I use it for digital music and video games.
11. I’m a huge Zelda nerd & I have never finished the game Majora’s Mask.
12. I hate planning things for myself. I hate anything that makes me the centre of attention, so my birthday plans start out with me attempting to plan, then forgetting and realizing three days before that I’m not doing anything.
13. I walked out on a date after 20 minutes because the guy told me he didn’t see the value of higher education.
14. I love Maroon 5 and Adam Levine more than anything, but I still think Songs About Jane mostly sucks.
15. My three year old has tried to teach me to understand football. She explains it better than most dudes that I know.
16. I still listen to boy bands and contend that *N’Sync was far superior to the Backstreet Boys.
17. My one goal in life is to report from a war zone. The closest I’ve come is live tweeting Dawna playing Call of Duty.
18. I have been trying to quit consuming caffeine for a month now. I have gone zero days without it.
19. I suffer from insomnia. Whenever I’m stressed or hurting, sleep is the first thing to go.
20. I’ve avoided Walmart for three weeks and will continue to do so for the next two.