Day Four: 10 Things you would tell your 16 year old self.
1. True girlfriends are hard to come by & you’ll likely never have more than two at a time. Some “girlfriends” will do all of those things you see in teen dramas. This never changes, even as adults. Hold on to the true girlfriends & mad love for your guy friends & your gay friends.
2. There’s no shame in being nice, even to people who hurt you. Always treat people the way you want to be treated.
3. There’s someone out there for you. When I find them, I’ll let you know.
4. Don’t keep trying to be perfect. You’ll never be perfect. Just be you.
5. You’re gonna interview Amanda Marshall. It’s awesome.
6. You’ll always be the good girl. You’ll always love & get your heart broken. You’ll never just put out without love. You’ll never be selfish. That’s okay. Don’t let anyone tell you there’s anything wrong with being the good girl. You’ll be the role model for your daughters.
7. Good music fixes everything.
8. Don’t stress when you put on weight. You’re still pretty & you were too thin anyway.
9. Geese will never stop being scary.
10. Life never gets easier. It’ll always hurt. People will leave. They’ll crush you. Sometimes you’ll wonder what’s the freaking point. The point is that you’re amazing & the people who truly matter will know. You’ll become a mom (& a good one), a writer & you’ll be alright. You’ll do amazing things. Just get through the crap by loving the good.