I know that chances are, my next updates will be darker in tone, as my life runs from happy-silly to dark on a regular basis, so I decided to write a fluffy, silly little post in the hopes of making everyone laugh. I like to break up the seriousness of life with random-ass silliness, which is kind of the point of this sort of silly little post today.
So, here are 20 random ass things about MHC.
1. I’ve decided to stop my tattoo count @ nine. This means I need three more. I know what they will be and where they will go because I’m awesome.
2. I actually had the most refreshingly interesting conversation about parenting with someone who doesn’t have any kids. He has his own blog, that I would strongly suggest you check out.
3. The necklace I wear every day is the Triforce. People either ask if I love the Legend of Zelda, or if I am in the Illuminati. My answer varies depending on my mood.
4. I will never understand how Lil Wayne is a thing.
5. Before completing this blog post, I was dancing around the house, singing the song that is the title of this post. It was awesome.
6. I’m lying; my dancing was terrible and my 3yo gave me crap for the curse word.
7. I have not eaten my entire lunch by myself since my eldest daughter started eating solid food. Today is no exception.
8. I’m allergic to grass. This makes mowing my lawn difficult and I have actually lost my dog in the grass. But every time I go to mow it, it rains, so I can only assume that God doesn’t want me to mow my lawn.
9. My mom yelled @ me for letting the kids play AROUND THE CORNER. I may have laughed @ her.
10. My mom may be pissed at me.
11. I do not for the life of me understand the point of the show Adventure Time. My 6yo doesn’t get the adult humour and thinks it’s the most awesome show in the history of everything, but I stare blankly and go…WTF?
12. I will gladly use words I make up in sentences and hyperbole such as eleventy million, but don’t you dare say “Funner.”
13. I watch Sailor Moon. Sometimes my kids aren’t even awake. Sometimes I’m a loser.
14. I sometimes can’t tell my cats apart. This is why I’m glad I never had twins.
15. I have an overwhelming urge to watch Dr. Strangelove.
16. I use Listerine like that guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding uses Windex.
17. I’m determined to own a French and English copy of Le Petit Prince.
18. To this day, I have yet to have someone “Dessine-moi une mouton.”
19. I still like boy bands. Yes, even NKOTB. No, not the new ones. Especially not the Wanted.
20. I may have convinced my youngest daughter to stay out of the basement by telling her boogey-monster lives down there and it eats anyone under the age of 5. She now yells down the basement well wishes to the boogey-monster, like “Good morning Boogey-Monster! Have a good day!”