These two sort of go together, so I put them together.
Day 13: Name Your 5 Weaknesses
1. I’m a doormat. I like to play it as a strength, but it’s a weakness. I love to help people; I care about people. If I care about you, I will move Heaven and Earth for you. I buy random gifts, I love making people happy. Unfortunately, I don’t care how much you hurt me, I’ll just keep coming back for more. Friend was mean? Oh well, I understand. I got hurt? I don’t care. I just want to make you happy over and over again, even at my expense, even if I know I’ll get hurt again. It doesn’t matter. I just want to give you more in the hopes that you will be happy.
2. I’m scatterbrained. I have the WORST time management skills, which is odd as you would think someone who with my life would be good at this game. Nope. I suck. That’s when my housework goes to crap and I end up behind on assignments and the kids don’t have their hot dog day money. I’m slowly working on this. I’ve managed to improve my housekeeping skills so that my house is always in order enough that I wouldn’t shudder if someone surprised me with a visit and I’m getting the balance…sort of. But I’m always going to be a titch bit muddled and forget to turn on the crock pot or forget my keys and end up climbing through a window.
3. I don’t always think before I talk. I’m an emotional gal and when I am sick or overly tired, it’s even worse. I’ll mean one thing and it will come out TOTALLY different. I’ve often gotten into trouble with teachers/employers because I’ll forget to turn on my filter and out comes some attitudey comment. Oops.
4. I scare easily. Again, I don’t mean to, but I do. I grew up in a very turbulent world, so whenever I think someone is upset, I panic. It makes everything worse.
5. I’m stubborn. Not about everything; only when I am absolutely sure that I am 100% right. I will cave on any issue, unless I know in my bones that I am right. There are only five things in the entire world that I have fought and fought on the issue and dug in my heels and insisted that I am right and won’t accept any answer except that one (one of those things is pancakes). I have been right on almost every one of these issues, sometimes more than once. But if I fight you and insist that I am right and won’t back down, it’s because I’ve looked at the evidence and looked at what’s happening and stood my ground. I will not fight you if I do not believe with everything that I am that I am right.
Day 14: Name your 5 Strengths
1. I’m loving. There are very few people in this world that I love. Honestly, this is true. I thought about it one day and I could probably count on two hands the number of people I have loved and still have room left…that includes my daughters. If I love you, then I love you with my entire being & will likely never stop loving you, no matter what happens. Your happiness is my only priority, well, you and the other 7 people I love. I will do anything to protect you, defend you, no matter what you’re doing. You could be ripping my heart out and stomping on it and I will still do anything to protect and defend you. I feel sorry for anyone who hurts those people, because I will go Mama Bear and it will get ugly.
2. I’m tenacious. There’s not much in this life that I want that I do not get. If I did not get it, then it was impossible or I changed my mind. There’s a reason I call myself dominant; it’s because I am. If I want something badly enough, I’ll get it & I won’t use dirty tricks or games to get it. I’ll get it by doing what I do best; being awesome.
3. I’m strong. I cannot be broken. Not completely. Not forever. Nothing keeps me down long. Soon I’ll find a project or an article to hurl myself into and I’m fine. Truthfully, there has never been something so horrible that I was destroyed beyond repair. There likely never will be, because I won’t allow it.
4. I’m Compassionate. Even if I despise you, I will still show empathy. Drew says I simply do not have it in me to be mean. Maybe he’s right. I hate the thought of human beings in pain, any human being, even the meanest and most horrible people. I always believe that you get in life what you give and if you take joy in the suffering of others, you deserve to suffer too. I would rather show someone who hates me a helping and kind hand than stoop to their level and lash out and hurt them.
5. I’m forgiving. I don’t hold grudges. I don’t waste my time thinking about how someone did something a million years ago. It’s not worth it. So, I forgive. I may move on with my life without you, but I don’t hate you. In fact, I likely will focus on all of the good things and remember you asa a great person and not let that one mean thing sully the X amount of time that made you a part of my life. I prefer to focus on happiness, kindness, positivity and love.